Muchas Gracias, Many Thanks from M414
Visite nuestra página en español para mayor información: http://www.m414.org/index_es.php
Today, we would like to take just a moment to thank you for your support in what God has called us to do. And just as you have invested in us, we would like to invest in you by praying for you and your family. We are praying over you the words of Ephesians 1:15-19 (the message translation):
That’s why, when I heard of the solid trust you have in the Master Jesus and your outpouring of love to all the followers of Jesus, I couldn’t stop thanking God for you—every time I prayed, I’d think of you and give thanks. But I do more than thank. I ask—ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him—endless energy, boundless strength!
Be encouraged in your small actions of care and service for the 4-14 window. Our faithfulness and commitment will yield fruit in due time.
1. Thanking God for the completion of our website and our initial partners like yourself, who have come together to begin stirring a movement for the 4-14 window.
2. For children’s workers around the world who are faithfully and diligently working in the 4-14 window, especially with children in vulnerable communities, to receive fresh strength.
3. Lifting up children who are suffering the effects of broken marriages and dysfunctional families that God’s grace may reach them.
4. For the Dominican Republic – against the ill treatment, injustice, and oppression the government and the powerful exert over the Dominican and Haitian poor.
5. For the local church to encourage, empower and send their volunteer workers to reach out in creative ways this coming summer through camps and vacation Bible schools.
6. For Liz and Oto and favour in discovering more ministry partners and 4-14 cube campaign sponsors.
7. For an outreach program “The 4-14 Zone” to be launched soon in the north coast of the Dominican Republic through an exciting partnership involving national young leaders, a local church, community leaders, and donors like you.
Battle for Education
Some quick facts from ONE, an organization for education:
– 61 million children are not in school because they are caught in extreme poverty, civil conflicts within their nation, or live in rural isolation
– Over half of these are girls and these children are very unlikely to gain access to education unless major political and economic changes are championed in the world
– 51 million children went to school for the first time between 1999-2000 thanks to savings from debt relief, development assistance for education and prioritization by African governments
– Sub-Sahara Africa needs 1.1 million more teachers if it is to achieve universal primary education by 2015
– Child survival rates jump 40% if girls are educated for at least five years
Global trends presented by UNESCO’s Global Education Digest 2012 show that the most vulnerable regions for dropout rates from Primary School around the world are:
– South West Asia with 13.54 million children or 33.3% of the region’s population
– Africa has 11.07 million children at 42.1 % of its population
– Latin America & Caribbean with 2.24 million representing 17% of its population
– Globally 22.8% of girls are less likely to start school but 23.5% of boys are more likely to repeat grades and leave school before completing a primary education
– A 2010 study shows that more than 31 million children dropped out of Primary school and may never return